We have setup MS Dynamics AX 2012 R3 system on our environment. We are working on an article which shows the procedure to install AX 2012 R3. Till then, we have written a quick article which shows the steps to restore the Contoso Demo Data for 2012 R3.
- Download the “Contoso Demo Data” from PartnerSource
- Download the “Test Data Transfer Tool (beta)” for AX 2012 from InformationSource
- Install the “Test Data Transfer Tool (beta)” by double clicking AX2012TestDataTransferTool.msi and follow on screen instructions and complete the setup. For details click here.
- Extract the demo data by double clicking DynamicsAX2012R3DemoData.exe
- Stop the AOS service.
- Start the command prompt by typing “cmd” in the Run dialog.
- Navigate to the tool’s folder which located in “Program files (x86)”
- Type the following in command prompt “dp import c:\r3dd MicrosoftDynamicsAX“
The “Remaining” count decreases and will ultimately become “0”. This process takes a couple of hours to complete.
We encountered few errors in the process but, nonetheless everything worked fine. See the screenshot below which shows the Contoso Demo Data loaded on AX 2012 R3.
Till the next post – Happy Daxing 🙂